Price f(x) Adds New Marketing Chief after Accomplishing the Most Successful Year in its History
- Patrick Moorhead joins as Chief Marketing Officer from big data startup Label Insight to help the company continue its strong growth, following its doubling in size for three consecutive years
- The appointment follows a hugely successful 2018 for Price f(x) which included the completion of its second financing round with strategic investment from Digital+ Partners and Bain & Company
- In 2018, Price f(x) was awarded “Cool Vendor of Digital Commerce” by Gartner®, selected as pricing technology provider to Bain & Company’s “Pricing Navigator” offering and certified as an SAP® AppCenter partner
MUNICH / CHICAGO – February 12th, 2019 – Price f(x), the global leader in cloud pricing software, has appointed a new Chief Marketing Officer to build on the most successful year in the company’s history. Patrick Moorhead, who has more than 20 years’ experience in marketing and has worked at technology companies like Twitter and Razorfish, joins from big data startup, Label Insight.
The appointment follows the successful completion of Price f(x)’s second financing round, at the end of 2018, led by Digital Plus Partners, a leading European B2B growth technology investor, and Bain & Company, one of the world’s leading management consultancies.
By the end of 2018, Price f(x) was serving 90 global customers, including industry leaders such as Robert Bosch, MediaMarktSaturn, Schneider Electric, Iron Mountain and Owens-Illinois. Jose Redondo, Global Pricing Excellence Leader at Owens-Illinois said, “We’ve decided to switch from a first-generation price optimization provider to Price f(x) in 2018 because of its flexibility, responsiveness and implementation speed”. The company was awarded “Cool Vendor of Digital Commerce” by Gartner, selected as pricing technology provider to Bain & Company’s “Pricing Navigator” offering and certified as an SAP® AppCenter partner.
“We’re excited to welcome Patrick to the Price f(x) leadership team. With his diverse background in social and digital media, advertising, brand strategy, and marketing for SaaS solutions, Patrick will help to solidify Price f(x) as a globally recognized leader in the pricing SaaS industry, and ensure our growth continues under the banner of a brand that reflects our customers’ voices, our company’s values, and our product innovations.” said Marcin Cichon, Price f(x) CEO.
Patrick Moorhead said: “I’m excited to join a company that is growing rapidly, attracting new customers and winning awards. Price f(x) was founded on a vision of providing a cloud-powered middle-office management platform that serves the entire life-cycle of customers’ pricing needs and the team’s success in 2018 is testament to how well they are realizing that vision. I’m looking forward to helping them to achieve even more success.”
Tom Fencl, Price f(x)’s CFO said: “Patrick will be a key part of our team. We expanded massively in 2018, adding close to 30 new customers and growing our global team to more than 200. Patrick joins us at an exciting time when we currently have over 100 open positions in the company worldwide and plan to expand across all functions. We are looking forward to another exciting year of growth.”
Axel Krieger, Founding Partner at Digital+ Partners and Price f(x) supervisory board member, said: “To double in size each year for three consecutive years, in such a highly complex enterprise software segment, as Price f(x) has done, is a tremendous achievement. We are very impressed with Price f(x) because of its past growth, and because of the huge growth opportunity ahead.”
Matus Maar, Co-founder and Managing Partner at Talis Capital and Price f(x) supervisory board member said: “When we invested in 2016 alongside with Credo Ventures, we saw the potential for Price f(x) to become a global solution for industry leaders solving a suite of price management challenges. We’re proud to note a record-breaking year for Price f(x) and the addition of Patrick Moorhead to their excellent team, as the company continues to attract and retain a super high-quality customer base. The team’s excellent customer service, operational expertise and impressive dedication has been a recipe for success. We’re excited by their plans for future expansion and are optimistic for another year of astronomical growth!”
New release of Price f(x) QuoteConfigurator and PromotionManager App for Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and SAP C4C – Unity v1.36 Opava.
Dear Price f(x) user,
We have just completed a new set of features for Price f(x) QuoteConfigurator and PromotionManager App for Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and SAP C4C – Unity v1.36 Opava.
The main features of this version are: more improvements to the new generation of Table View (column widths are saved together with user preferences), the new Table View available for Contracts, and access to the preview of PriceAnalyzer module with scatter and waterfall charts.
There are also many other enhancements and usability improvements. For a complete list of new features and bug fixes, please see the release notes.
The new version will be ready for release together with the next Unity version in about a month. You will receive a Release Announcement email. If you wish to get this version deployed to your environment, please open a support ticket and we will get back to you to discuss the deployment details.
We hope you like the upcoming features.
Introducing El Presidente, the Hottest Pricing Release North of the Equator.
If you happen to live in the northern hemisphere and are already
dreading the snow and rain, then come and join us on a trip to a Caribbean
pricing paradise. El Presidente is serving his favorite cocktail: white rum,
orange curaçao, dry vermouth, and grenadine. Sounds tempting? Then you must be
ready for our next release – version 3.6 of El Presidente on March 2. Here is a first look of the highlights from
- Greater flexibility with Quotes – With El Presidente, you will be able to define several types of Quotes and each type can have its own approval workflow and header logic assigned to it. This gives you much better support with quoting – you can reflect the different needs of various business units or better accommodate distinct conditions that apply to individual quotes. Such a concept is also much easier to maintain, as the logics are separated and there is no need to handle each scenario through exceptions and conditions.
- Faster and more targeted approvals
- When approving from an email, you can perform the Approve/Deny action and add a comment directly (which is then stored on the server).
- In addition to the ‘denial reasons’ functionality, we have come up with a broader and more flexible concept; comments for both the Approve/Deny actions can be made mandatory. (Denial reasons need to be specified beforehand, whereas comments are always free form and valid for both actions)
- In Document Creation Workflows you can now notify any user of your choice, not just those involved in the workflow. It is done through the ‘Add watcher’ functionality, known from the regular approval workflow.
- Other improvements to make your life easier
- An Excel file can be used now as an entry input in Quotes, Agreements, and Contracts. You simply upload the file and the application can parse and use the data for calculations or other operations.
- You will be able to have multiple Price Parameters open concurrently, each in its own tab. This is useful when you have to work with data from more than one Price Parameter table simultaneously.
- Mass edit/delete function is now applied consistently in this manner:
- to either all items in the table (if no filter is set up or no item selected)
- or only to the displayed filtered items (if a filter is set up)
- or only to the items that the user has manually selected (if there is at least one item selected).
Price f(x) Raises €25 Million in Series-B Funding Round Co-Led by Digital+ Partners and Bain & Company
Price f(x), the global leader in cloud pricing software, has raised €25 million in Series B funding. Leading the round are Digital+ Partners, a leading European B2B technology growth investor, and Bain & Company, one of the world’s top management consulting firms. The Series A investors, Prague-based Credo Ventures and London-based Talis Capital, also participated in the round.
Established in 2011 in Munich, Price f(x) provides a modular SaaS solution for Price Optimization, Management (PO&M) and Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) for enterprises of any size, based on the latest in native cloud architecture. The company currently serves over 80 global, blue-chip B2B and B2C customers across a variety of industries, including Robert Bosch, SchneiderElectric, Owens-Illinois, Iron Mountain and Sonoco. Price f(x) has also developed a strong partner ecosystem with leading global technology, consulting and integration providers—including Bain & Company and SAP—enabling a best-in-class service offering, which helps customers realize a fast time-to-value on their pricing projects.
New release of Price f(x) QuoteConfigurator and PromotionManager App – Unity v1.34 Munich.
We are happy to announce a new release of Price f(x) QuoteConfigurator and PromotionManager App for Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and SAP C4C – Unity v1.34 Munich.
Price f(x) at PPS Amsterdam 2018
Are you ready to shake up your pricing? Then stop by the Price f(x) booth at the Professional Pricing Society conference on November 28-30, 2018 in beautiful Amsterdam.
New release of Price f(x) QuoteConfigurator App for Salesforce and Price f(x) PromotionManager App for Salesforce – Unity v1.33 Leuven
We are happy to announce a new release of Price f(x) QuoteConfigurator and PromotionManager App for Salesforce, MSD and C4C.
– Unity v1.33 Leuven.
The great crew change and the impact on teams and tech. – by Garth Hoff
How long does it take to make an employee productive? How long does it take to become a professional? The CEO of PetroSkills has noted, “it takes 3 to 8 years for a company to turn a new employee into a petroleum professional.” We can argue over the timeframe per industry and job function, but it’s well understood that becoming a professional in any skilled area including pricing can take years.
Price f(x) Dynamic Pricing Solution Now SAP® Certified
Optimized Dynamic Pricing by Price f(x) is a tailored SaaS solution to respond to the ever growing need for businesses to react faster to changing market conditions. The solution, which is integrated with SAP Commerce Cloud, calculates prices in real-time based on predefined set of business rules and modern price optimization algorithms using machine learning techniques. Optimized Dynamic Pricing will enable you to achieve and maintain pricing excellence through dynamic, relevant price changes. Actively monitor price changes, market reactions, and revenue, margin, and volume improvements using powerful analytics capabilities. The solution can work with multiple backend systems, terabytes of data, millions of transactions and historical price points and will enable you with better and improved customer and product segmentation.